Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First Blog

What's playing: Jeff Buckley's Grace
What I'm avoiding: Packing for my 10th Anniversary cruise (five countries in seven days!)
What I've been doing: Creating paintings for the 3rd installment of my serial novel, Silver Gate

So, it's been awhile since I wrote a blog. I'd sort of given-over on the idea of shooting my words and feelings out into the ether as DOA, since the only people who were reading it with any regularity were good friends of mine who I already had access to in real life (or on Facebook). That said, I used to keep a number of paper journals, and since last year (when I became laptop dependent), I don't seem to be writing in them anymore. Social media has stifled the impulse to write about myself in any constructive manner. I also keep a journal for each of my boys. I'm a journal junkie. Put me in a shop with empty journals, and I will buy one.

Anyway, that's not what I'm doing here. Or maybe it is. The purpose of this informal blog is to talk about my writing...mostly. I'm sure a fair number of food pictures will make it in--I love to cook. I also do the paintings for the covers of my books, so I'll post my paintings and talk about those processes. I may talk music, or photography, or education as well. Okay, okay, okay...this might just be another journal. BUT! it's a journal that I am sharing with you.

I'll be posting again, later today. I have so much that I want to talk about!

To tide you over, here is a piece that I painted the day before yesterday when I was working on the cover of Silver Gate #3: The Kind Man. This one was rejected--not because I don't like it; it's just not doing for me what I want done on that front cover. Enjoy, and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment