Thursday, April 12, 2012

ADD and keeping an intelligent network of friends...

I just had a mind-blowing insight into why I hang out with people who are smarter than me. If you don't know me well, you might not know that I don't focus very well. This can make deliberate, thoughtful discovery pretty difficult for me. However, I am good at creating questions, which I then deliver to my intelligent friends so that I can parasite their processing power to receive the response I require. I'll usually ask the same question of several friends, and usually deliver it by some method of provocative statement that requires their response (because of emotional speak that I've inserted into the comment). I sort responses for logical clarity and add the new schema to my world-view. I've been doing this for years, never realizing that I'd developed a way to compensate for my constantly drifting attention and the fog that occludes nearly every unfocused moment of my waking life.

No comments:

Post a Comment